How I Spent 10 Minutes Changing the World Tonight

I spent 10 minutes today correctly identifying 100 words at http://freerice.com/
For my time of brushing up on a few words and making myself a little smarter I donated 1000 grains of rice through the United Nations.

It is pretty fun and is basically a creative billboard, but it also serves to show that games work. I wouldn't have stuck around as long as I did if a little game wasn't at work here. Plus I felt good every time I got a word right. Seeing as that it is very similar to many of the vocabulary tests that show up in standardized tests I could also see this used as a tool in the classroom. Maybe an enrichment exercize or as part of a center.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding the Superintendency - The Role of the School Board: A Basic Overview

Embedding Google Calendar in Another Language