The last week has really been filled with 3 major tasks.
1. Purchases/Changes for next year - which included
- Fielding calls about awards for the last RFQ and questions about the current RFQ
- Settling various contracts including our new data warehouse (TetraData), consulting for automating Google account creation (SADA Systems) , and stuff related to the RFQ's. I never realized how many contracts you would have to read as a tech director.
- Working out the details of a SmartMusic pilot in a couple of our Band and Orchestra programs. (Exciting to pretend to be back in the music classroom again!)
3. Filling out year end evaluations for my staff.
The next 5 days are pretty jammed up. Heck, the next month is packed:
6/17 - Teach all day class on Web 2.0 tools for teachers
6/18 - Teach all day class on Web 2.0 tools for administrators
6/19 - Vacation Day :)
6/22 - Meeting (instructional team w/ the new boss) and 1-1 laptop meeting with other area high school tech folks
6/23 - Teach all day class on "Using Technology with Classroom Instruction that Works"
6/24-6/25 Try to get some work done
Then I am back for a week. Then I am taking a week's vacation. Then the end of the summer crunch starts at the end of July. Summer started Monday and it is almost over :)